Never fall for “LOVE at FIRST SIGHT” II

A man makes his own destiny, but that’s not easy. I ain’t that strong and I had nothing to do but hold my horses and wait. God plays crazy games with us; I guess he likes it that way.
Monday, 3rd Aug: I had an interview for the post of computer teacher in a high school. Pritam, a friend of mine was accompanying me to the interview. We were talking about that girl on the way. I was narrating him my sad story while he was laughing at my miserable condition till we reached the school. We were told to wait outside and eat heat and drink water. Not even a chair to sit. I’m not exaggerating, it’s true and I’m thankful for that. I don’t know what they were doing to the candidates because they took around 45 minutes of their time and I’m thankful for that again. I was talking some bullshit with my friend when I saw her face through the window of the principal’s office. She was busy with the panel, she didn’t see me but I saw her. My eyes forgot to blink and I shouted, “Pritam! That’s her. I can’t believe it but that’s her. How could she… Oh! My God.” I was so happy that he believed me. I won’t fake it. Why would I?
Now you can see it was possible only because of the two things. I was standing and the interview was very long. I’m really thankful though I had cursed them for that earlier. Back to the story, her interview gets over and she is sent to some other room to wait. I still had to hold my horses because next was some woman for the post of English teacher. After around 45 minutes, it was my turn and I was facing the same question that I’ve faced many a times before. Being a BE why the hell are you here to teach school children? So what? It’s over.
I was told to get going but instead I entered the room where they sent Arpita. She was smiling amicably as we’ve already met and was curious to know what happened to my interview. I knew this time that, Future is the time when you’ll wish you’d done what you aren’t doing now. So I gathered my courage and asked her to come outside to have a talk. She agreed and walked beside me. It was stairs again where we talked.
I started the conversation with some not very important topics of joining date of TCS. She told me how close she was to get in Infosys. She was very friendly in her nature but it was time that she should go back to the room.
“Can I have your number?” I said hurriedly.
“I’m sorry. I don’t give out my number this way.” She said.
“You know what? That day when I met you, I thought you’d be my friend...” I murmured and half of the sentence didn’t come out.
“It’s Okay! Everyone has their views and principles. I just don’t trust people so easily.” She said, slowly.
She ain’t a show off. She just said what she thought was right and she even cared my feelings. It was her rule that’s that. May be it’ll require two more times of such coincidence to gain her confidence in me. So, after two days of madness and one pretty chance, all I’m left to do is to wait till we meet again or meet someone else (I never said I’m committed in first sight).
When dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly”
-Langston Hughes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Never fall for “LOVE at FIRST SIGHT”